Monday, March 29, 2010

Acer One blow awning upgrade

I used a webcam to take pictures every 3 seconds as I installed a touch screen kit into my Acer One. On replay the pictures are playing back at 29.9fps. In other words, I compressed just under 4 hours worth of work into 2 minutes for your viewing pleasure. The kit works fine, although I had to modify some aesthetic bits on the hinge to make the wires fit. In general the instructions were good, although they left out some key parts. My Acer warranty is thoroughly trashed, although after dealing with Acer's RMA system once, I could tell Acer some good places to shove its warranty. The laptop came with a noisy fan and a dead USB port. I sent it back to Acer (on my dollar) and about 2 weeks later I got it back. Although the fan and usb ports were fixed, they downgraded my hard drive, blanked my operating system, and swapped a good piece of ram for a dead one. Yeah, they can shove it. If you want any more information on the touch screen kit, the installation process, or any tips about the inside of an Acer One, please PM me or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment