Saturday, April 23, 2011

Seagate 1TB BSY absurdity fix 7200.11 Firmware SD15 ST31000340AS

Seagate's estimate of repair for my drive = $1000 This fix will only cost you your time + materials. Alternatively, you can send it to me for repair. Please PM me for further instructions. It is a flat rate of $50 per drive + the cost of US Domestic shipping back and forth (Fedex 2Day is preferred.) READ THIS FIRST before posting a question that may have already been answered. Thanks! All comments need my approval DO NOT repost if it doesn't seem to go through. This is a tutorial to restore Seagate hard drives with BSY error (unrecognized in BIOs) and LBA=0 to normal function. This DOES NOT format your drive. All files will be accessible. Donations are very much appreciated as I am voluntarily technical support on here, at the same time busy attending college and tutoring. Any amount is a blessing! www.paypal.com Many thank yous to those who donate! Your support encourages aspiring freelance pc techs like me to test out solutions, create the videos and share them with the world. ******************MATERIALS******************* You will need a Windows 32 bit OS, (XP, Vista, or 7 OS) to be compatible with the drivers I've linked below. 64 bit systems will NOT work with them. *CA-42 cable $3.39USD - I got mine on eBay but the guy I bought it from is now making a killing off my link so I suggest doing a search on there for a cheap one. *RS232 Female Crimp pins (pack of 25 for $1.49USD+tax) from Frys (in-store) Or packs of 100 online: 09a18921.urlpulse.net Also try eBay. This is ...

No comments:

Post a Comment