Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Q&A: How To Connect A SATA Drive To An IDE Computer?

In this video, I answer a question from Jacob who asks "Im doing upgrades on my pc, im adding ram and another hard drive. I saw a 1TB drive on newegg, but my computer uses ide not sata. Is there any way of hooking up that sata drive up to my ide pc?" Thanks for the question Jacob. Fortunately, there are several options available to you Jacob. It depends on what you currently have. If you have a PCI Express slot on your computer, you can use a SATA controller card on your computer which will give you an internal or external option to connect the SATA drive. Another option is to get an external USB enclosure and insert the SATA drive. You can utilize your USB slot on your computer, and you can connect additional drives in the future if this one fills up. Hope this answered you question, Jacob!

No comments:

Post a Comment